Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Man in a Uniform...

Here is a layout I did following this weeks 52 sketches 52 weeks. The sketch is really cute. I love the clean line look, but I can only get it when I follow a sketch and try really really really hard not to go overboard. Who, me? Overboard? The papers are from Sassafras Lass (who else?) and the submarine paper and the green circle is from K&Co's DayDreams collection. I used embroidery floss to stitch around the circle and some Weathered Wood Distress Ink to give some definition to the layering. The flowers are from Prima and the Glazed Brads are Basic Grey. I used some really really awful chipboard letters. I covered them in ink and diamond glaze to get a look that I liked :) Thanks for looking and have a super sweet day!

5 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Super-cute layout!

Joan Ervin said...

Such a beautiful layout....great way to showcase that adorable little man!!!

Daniella said...

Awsome as always B!! Kevin is adorable!

heidi said...

Don't you just love the submarine paper by K & Co?!! You did such a great job with it. I really like the sketch, too. I'm gonna have to put that one in my sketchbook. If I don't use a sketch, my layouts either look really jumbled or I don't embellish enough.