Friday, September 4, 2009

A Day in the Life

I started this mini album ages ago, but I only got around to finishing it last week. The cover started with an inspiration from my friend Shemaine, I loved how she used crackle paint on exposed corrugated cardboard. I used a box I had and just stripped the top layer off of it. I used some paper from Prima, some trim that I got on clearance, rub ons and Thickers by American Crafts and the flower and butterfly pin were yard sale treasures.For the inside of the book I used coordinating papers from Daisy Ds. I also used my Basic Grey journal stamps. Believe it or not I never thought of using them on patterned paper before.

I have a huge stash of vintage buttons and a they really coordinated nicely with the paper. I used some Prina Say it in Crystals on the page above.

The felt die cut is Prima and for the bird I used the negative of my die cut. I inked it with Distress Ink and used it as a mask, stamping over top of it. The tickets are Mellisa Frances.The pages of the album itself are made from cereal boxes. I love projects that use things that would otherwise be thrown out. The mats for the pictures are made from the same box I made the cover of the album with. I just painted them with crackle paint.

I really enjoyed making this mini. It really is amazing what you can do with some pretty patterned paper and cereal boxes. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have a great weekend.ETA sorry the pictures are a little weird. Our other computer is in the shop for a few days, and that is where my jpegs are stored. I'll fix the pictures when it comes home.

1 comment:

Shemaine Smith said...

Beate your album turned out gorgeous! Congrats on being featured!!!