Monday, December 15, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney With Care

Well, while I was browsing in my local Dollar Store (I keep finding the best stuff there) I found these wooden stockings. You are supposed to paint them, but I think if Monet himself painted these things they still would end up really tacky (sorry, Claude). I ended up using a heat tool to remove the shapes stuck on top of the stocking and give me a flat surface. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper. The paper I used for all 4 stockings is from the My Mind's Eye Christmas Short Stack. It is so nice to get stacks like this that way everything just complements every thing else and it saves a lot of time. The hearts on this stocking are cut on my cricut (Plaintin Schoolbook) as is all of the lettering. I used a glittered bell (also from Dollar Tree) and the Holly leaves are from Prima. The tree chipboard is from Colorbok, covered with MME paper and I glittered the star with Doodlebug glitter. The Chipboard Ornament is from Cosmo Cricket. I used some Making Memories trim on top of it for a little exta texture. All of the stockings are inked with Weathered Wood Distress Ink to give them a little more dimension. This last stocking is by far my favorite. I LOVE the Cosmo Cricket snowman. Isn't he the cutest? I also used Prima flowers on this one (hope Hubby doesn't find it too girlie). I used snaps for the centers the way Tim Holtz did in one of his 12 tags of Christmas. I thought that was very ingenious of him. Well, that's what I've been up to this weekend. I'm also working on another project that I hope to share with you soon. Thanks for reading and have a super blessed day.

No comments: