Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birthday Cupcake

This is a page I made for a contest. I didn't win, so now I am able to share it with you all. The pictures were taken of my son eating his first birthday cupcake. Special thanks go to my bud Heather for her helpful advice on this one. The challenge was to use office supplies on a layout. I chose notebook paper, a paper clip, staples and a binder clip. One thing to note about using notebook paper on your layouts is that it is not acid/lignin free. Therefore, you would not want it touching your photographs. To me it is not a huge deal, because personally, I think it is really freaky that scrapbook stuff will not age. I did 3 rows of machine stitching. One is along the outside cardstock and I did 2 rows to make a square closer to the center. To make the title I used some adorable vintage-looking paper with letters on it. I had to cut it all to pieces to spell the words, but I really love the look. I stamped the word 'birthday' on after I glued them onto a scrap piece of cardstock. The last detail I will show you today is the inital embelishment. I used the same paper I used for the title. I inked around the edges and used a small metal package popped up with a pop dot. I put 2 little ribbon scraps affixed with staples. The whole embellishment is on pop dots as well. Thank you so much for looking. Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

LOVE IT!!! You should have won!