Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Basic Grey Gate Fold Mini Album

I found a fantastic deal on this Basic Grey Sublime collection mini gate fold album. This project came together pretty fast and easy. I used paper from the Aged and Confused Sublime collection, another sheet of BG and some paper that I have no idea where on earth it came from. A lot of the techniques that I experimented with are from the blog Scrapperlicious. I used Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Fired Brick. A huge challenge for me in making this album was that I couldn't use any dimensional embellishments. I love dimension on my pages and but I didn't have a lot of leeway for closing this one, so to give it a feel of depth without the bulk I used a lot of inking and distressing. I used die cut circles to mask off the paper while I inked around it. I did that with both Vintage Photo and Fired Brick. The flourish stamps I used are from Autumn Leaves. The chipboard clock is Heidi Swapp. I did a bunch of doodling on some of the pages. I used a fine tipped pen to do some faux stitching and to write little messages to my husband. I used only 4 12x12 papers in this album. I used EVERY last scrap of the Basic Grey. Although this collection is not one of my all time favorites, I just love how the using everything from the same collection makes everything just come together so easily. I made this book in just under 4 hours (that is a record for me, I'm super slow). I used some rub ons from Kaisercraft on these pages. So, there it is. I'll be sending it out soon. The last mini I made for him never made it, so I hope he gets this one. Thank you so much for reading.

1 comment:

Christi_scrapsalot said...

Holy smokes girl, that is aweosome! I love your blog too, that back ground is kick'n!