Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's been a while :)

You know those times when you try to make something and it just takes forever and you aren't quite pleased with anything you make. That's been me the past week or so. I think my mojo went on vacation. It's back now and I've been scrapping up a storm over here. the theme is Christmas. I joined a couple of swaps and here is what I came up with for them. I guess I'm getting less intimidated by the stamping. I have this little Santa stamp by D.O.T.S. We don't include Santa in any of our Christmas celebrating, but this little stamp it so cute. I bought him at a yard sale with a bunch of other stamps for $4 total. I stamped him on white cardstock and colored him in with my SUPER pricey Dollar Tree colored pencils. I used a blending pencil on the image, and then cut the oval around him. I used Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges to give him a old fasioned look.He is matted with DCWV textured cardstock. The patterned paper is really old. I bought it when I first started scrapping. I'm thinking it was from a 'Stack', but I have no idea which one. I cut the base cardstock 5x8 and scored at 2 inches in either side (I flipped it around) to make the card a gatefold. Then I just adhered the ribbon with glue dots and adhered the image to the one side of the 'gate'. I think it gives the card a lot more impact than it would have if it was traditionally done. And here is a little tag that I made for a swap as well. It is the "Roly Poly' tag cut from my Cricut's Plaintin Schoolbook cartridge. The little snowman on pop dots is from Stampin' Up's Speaking of Winter. I dressed him up with stickles and I used microfine glitter for the 'snow; to give it a little more of a 3d effect. Thanks for reading. Have a great day :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

WOW! This is totally adorable and beautifully crafted! You have such an awesome talent :)