Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A New Tin (Do they have rehab for this stuff?)

This project was inspired by a snippet of lace I acquired at my favorite junk shop. I saw it and it really screamed out 'Moulin Rouge' to me. So I began this tin with the intention of it being a sort of Moulin Rouge theme. The funny thing is the lace that inspired the whole project is not even on it. I may add it later. I wanted it to say 'beauty', but all I had was 'wonder. In short, this project did not go as planned, but I must say that I am really in love with the result. The first layer of paper is Kaisercraft. I inked it with 'Vintage Photo" distress ink and also black ink. I added the die cut paper from a Making Memories' Notewothy Notebook. I also stamped a flourish with a glue pad and added glitter. I brushed some of it away, because I was going for a more subtle effect. The words (don't they look like a transparancy?) are actually a sticker (from Sandylion I think). I had to trim and move it around to cover everything I wanted to cover. The wings are Grungeboard, which I covered in an old magazine and inked with VP and B ink. I trimmed the Heidi Swapp chipboard clock to fit the corner. I pained the rest of the tin with acrylic gouache and sealed the whole thing with Mod Podge. Although it turned out nothing like I intended, I am really pleased with the end result.

No comments: